IPAG Business School’s online recruitment of international students
French authorities have announced that the travel restrictions across European borders have been lifted on June 15th (air, land and sea borders). These restrictions had been put in place in March to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following the recommendations of the European Commission, France will progressively open its external Schengen borders starting on July 1st. This opening will be progressive and differentiated, based on the sanitary situation of the different countries, and according to the terms implemented on a European level.
Ever since the start of this health crisis, IPAG Business School has carried on with the recruitment of international students for the Fall intake, which conditions are getting more precise.
Most international students’ applications are still taking place online, on our website: ipag.edu.
Application and registration processes
- Interviews are conducted online: both in English and in French for the Programme Grande École (PGE), entirely in English for the BBA (International Bachelor of Business Administration), and in the language of the chosen specialisation for the MBA programme. The recruitment “on file” of these international students will go on until July 2020 for the PGE (application deadline: July 10th), until August 10th, 2020 for the BBA programme, and until August 24th, 2020 for the MBA.
- The issuance of visas will gradually resume, starting on July 1st, 2020. Consular offices will however face a high volume of applications. Please note that student visa will be given priority. After the validation of the applicant’s admission by IPAG and the finalisation of their registration, an enrolment certificate is sent automatically once the deposit has been paid; this certificate allows the student to start their visa application process. To this end, our teams can provide any required document and, if necessary, can confirm your enrolment to Campus France.
Adapted pedagogical approaches
Based on the experience gained during this quarantine period, all IPAG programmes will be adapted to welcome our international students in 2020-2021:
- E-learning courses will be offered and exams will be organised online during the first semester, if the students cannot join the Fall intake physically. They will then be able to join us on the Paris or Nice campus, once their situation allows.
- For the BBA programme, students who are not able to join the programme in September will have the possibility to defer their admission to the Spring intake, in January 2021. Our MBA programme’s processes have been adapted as well to lift the constraints that students may encounter in terms of intake.
- However, students who wish to join the graduate cycle of the PGE, in apprenticeship, will only be able to join the programme physically, before December 2020. As for students with a nationality outside of the European Union, they will have to justify of at least one year of physical presence in France before signing an apprenticeship/work-study contract – as imposed by the French law.
Pedagogical services and distance learning
- After the deposit is paid, all international students can have access to some online courses, via some e-learning platforms such as CrossKnowledge and Moodle, as well as use the communications tool called Teams. These courses, taught in French and in English, will allow our students to deepen their knowledge in certain topics but also train them in using the digital tool, Teams, that they will use throughout their curriculum; especially in the hypothesis of a delayed arrival.
- Students will also be able to access our online library resource centre, IPAGDOC Library (international press databases, academic journals, ebooks, tutorials, informational tools, etc.).
Our other services
- The Student Office is reachable from 8:30AM to 6PM CET, from Monday to Friday, to answer the students’ questions: +33 (0)1 53 63 89 73.
- The Career Centre is still active: organisation of special coaching sessions in webinar formats, creation of a platform listing the 250 start-ups that are currently recruiting, connecting the students to IPAG’s partner companies for apprenticeship contracts, corporate missions, etc.
- Welcoming our international students: the student organisation Global IPAG, made up of students from all around the world, which has been active for more than 10 years, helps to welcome our foreign students and facilitate their integration. When it comes to housing, our students can use our private platform, IPAG HOUSING, or take a look at the livinfrance website.
- Last but not least, a “coordinator” is dedicated to each programme and year group. Their role is to advise and accompany every student throughout the year.