Management of diverse teams & business cases
- MAJ 06/2022
1. Introduction: concept and issues of diversity
• Diversity, a key concept of postmodernity and a polysemic notion.
- A connected world: interdependencies, instantaneity and borders.
- The organisation factors of diversification.
- Issues: from the cost of discrimination to leveraging the management of diversity to better perform.
2. Reminders on the cost of discrimination: a reading through the prism of risk
• Equality, diversity and discrimination.
• What is discrimination?
• Forms of discrimination at work.
• The macro-social and macro-economic cost of discrimination at work.
• The economic cost of discrimination in corporate companies: risks and underperformance.
3. Diversity management as an economic performance leverage
• Epistemological challenges posed by the study of the link between diversity & performance.
• Generic advantages of diversity management.
• Advantages related to the HR sector.
• Business benefits.
• Benefits in terms of team creativity and innovation.
4. Diversity management and innovation
• A few reminders and clarifications on the notion of innovation
• Innovation processes: common characteristics and inevitable singularities
• Contributions and challenges associated with diversity in innovation processes
• Thinking about diversity management adapted to the forms of expected innovation
Conclusion: responsible management of diverse teams as an economic performance leverage
• The implementation of a diversity policy as an organisational change leverage.
• For a daily and decentralised practice of managing diverse teams.
24th September 2021
Condition of eligibility / Admission
No pre-requisites are necessary for this course.
€1 000 net *
*Net price, as the IPAG Business School is not subject to VAT.
Continuous back-and-forth between theoretical contributions, examples and case studies will allow a perspective on the issues of inclusion and agility in business, as well as an application to the functions and sectors of activity of the participants.